Thursday, December 30, 2010

What, Me Worry?

I've been on winter break for the past two weeks, which is why I haven't been posting. I've been loving it, though; I don't have to wake up early, do a bunch of homework, or study for any tests. At least, I didn't. I was given a fair amount of homework to complete over break and I still haven't looked at it yet. Now that break is coming to its end, I've been worrying about the homework and going back to school. Sitting in class all day, doing homework, having to deal with the occasional drama (my friends aren't all that dramatic, thank goodness); it's no wonder every time I think about it a huge load of stress and worry just drops on my shoulders. I'm amazed at how free I felt over break.

I'm also gonna miss having access to a piano at all hours. I got a keyboard for Christmas, and it's nice having a piano of sorts in my room. I've definately been playing more, and due to my current unhealthy obsession to The Beatles, I've been writing a bunch of songs. I'm not gonna have time for all of that once I get back to school.

And, like I mentioned earlier, I'm gonna have to wake up at six in the morning. I'm not looking forward to that, and it doesn't help that most of the people at my bus stop are idiots. I guess school puts more stress than worry on me, but I still do worry. I worry about everything. One time, I purposefully broke a random pencil I found on the ground and worried about it later. I mean, seriously, what's up with that?!

Another thing that sorta goes along with worry is fear. I'm much better with fear, though. In fact, sometimes, when I'm home alone, I turn out the lights and watch Monk, a show about a homicide detective who has OCD and a bunch of phobias. Usually, at the very beginning, they show someone being murdered, and it's pretty creepy most of the time. I can't tell you why, but I like freaking myself out.

Fear and worry are fairly similar, but I tend to think of fear as a higher degree of worry. For example, maybe you're at a convenience store and you have a feeling that it's about to be robbed. You'll worry about it, no doubt. Let's say it does get held up, and the offender has a gun. That worry would turn to fear, right? It's almost like cause and effect, I think. Most of the time worry comes first, depending on what the situation is. And sometimes, stress can come before worry. It's like a chain, I guess. Have you ever noticed a pattern in your moods or feelings? Comment if you come up with something. I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment